Richard's pond, Toronto, 2012
Richard wanted to improve his pond. The key issues were a lack of a concrete collar, poor stone work and inadequate filtration. The pond was a nice shape so we just had to remove everything and install the collar and new plumbing.
We have done a few of these jobs were we peel back the liner and improve things. The pond is about 7 x 4 at the largest points, we made it slightly deeper to about 3.5 feet.
The bottom drain now keeps the bottom clean. The pond cleared to be crystal clear within 1 week after we left
3" bottom drain | 24" vortex | bio filter | skimmer | 2 pumps
Raj's Pond, Etobicoke, 2012
This pond was unique in the fact that it was barely installed for 1 month before we started the rebuild. Key problems were shallow depth, poor recirculation [waterfalls and skimmer beside each other], pond too close to the house, messed up grading, poor filtration. Other than that, the stone work looked quite good. We weren't able to quite finish up, a deck needs to go in now before we continue
4" bottom drain | 30" vortex | bio filter | savio mini skimmer | 3 return jets
Richard's Pond, Pickering, 2012
Another rebuild, this pond was made slightly larger and deeper using the same liner. A collar was installed, as well as bottom drain and external filtration
This was a particularly hard dig
so we used a power washer to dig the 4" filter supply line
4" bottom drain | 24" vortex | bio filter | Laguna UV | 3 return jets